Part 1 / 2 of free social media monitoring and measuring tools list: list of tools to be used in techniques described on Part 2 / 2 - Free Social Media Monitoring Techniques – interactive marketing blog special.
Free Social Network
- Facebook Insights - free social network Insights Tool
- HowSociable? - A simple, free, tool that can measure the visibility of your brand on the web across 22 metrics
- Addict-o-matic - A nice search engine that aggregates rss feeds, allowing you to quickly see the areas where a brand is lacking in presence
- socialmention - A social media search engine offering searches across individual platforms (eg blogs, microblogs) or all, together with a ‘social rank’ score. Whether or not the score is transparent enough to be meaningful is open to debate.
Blog Search Tools
- TECHNORATI Search - Technorati’s new search interface. Use it to find top blogs based upon inbound links only.
- TECHNORATI Advanced - Technorati’s advanced search page allows you to search for blogs (rather than posts) based on tags.
- Google Blog Search - Google’s index of blog posts. The advanced search tab allows you to search based on additional criteria. Very good for searching between specific dates.
- IceRocket - Blog search tool that also graph-ifies!
- BlogPulse - Search for blog posts by keyword. Developed by Nielsen BuzzMetrics.